Pages

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
I am a white African. Contradiction in terms? I think not. Sometimes my blog will be serious; sometimes sad; sometimes irreverent; sometimes witty; always my truth simply written.

Monday, March 21, 2011

White Dove



The white dove glides above the lawn
a beautiful sight in the early morn;
I watch with envy each move so free
and wish that beautiful dove was me.

Oh, how I wish that I too could fly
up and away in the clear blue sky;
governed by my most basic needs
and free of man’s hates, lusts and greeds.

I’d spread my wings, I’d rise and soar
never to be bound to the earth anymore;
I’d fly with the wind and hide from the rain
and once it was sunny I’d fly on again.

Oh, beautiful white dove, lovely and free,
I’ve wished and wished like you to be;
but no matter how hard I might try
unlike you, white dove, I can't fly.
  
(All rights reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment