Pages

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
I am a white African. Contradiction in terms? I think not. Sometimes my blog will be serious; sometimes sad; sometimes irreverent; sometimes witty; always my truth simply written.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

DADDY’S GIRL

(written for C, aged 14, who was allegedly being sexually abused by her adoptive father in the USA)

Daughter,
stripped stark naked.
First used, then self-abused.
Incest is killing my loving
Daddy.


(All rights reserved.)

4 comments:

  1. I liked the image that you have painted here...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justsomeone. She was a really sad girl. Just like all the others out there who are being abused by those they love.

    Shashi, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you could visualise it as I worked really hard to try and encapsulate everything in this cinquain.

    C, I haven't had contact with you in ages but you are still in my thoughts daily. I hope you overcame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sad, but oh so true.
    You've summed up this taboo subject brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete