Pages

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
I am a white African. Contradiction in terms? I think not. Sometimes my blog will be serious; sometimes sad; sometimes irreverent; sometimes witty; always my truth simply written.

Friday, October 15, 2010

COMRADES

Run
comrades.
In spirit
of friendship, run.
Heavy feet; rasping
breaths; do-doef, do-doef, do-
doef of your courageous hearts.
Your only ambition this day:
To finish the ultradistance race.

Run comrades. In spirit of friendship, run.


(All rights reserved.)

2 comments:

  1. I like it. do-doef, do-doef.

    I would consider replacing "To finish the Comrades Marathon." with, perhaps, something a little more oblique, like "Is twenty-six miles away". Implying the marathon indirectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion. I can see how an 'oblique' reference would make it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete