Pages

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
I am a white African. Contradiction in terms? I think not. Sometimes my blog will be serious; sometimes sad; sometimes irreverent; sometimes witty; always my truth simply written.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

WHERE HAVE YOU GONE?

Your face is quiet as you stare, steadily, at the ceiling.
Where have you gone?
Where are you now?

Silently I beg you:
Smile at me again.
Warm my heart with your love.
Embrace me as you always did.
Reach out and touch my hand.
Let your fingers trail secret messages
across my soft palm.
Touch your lips to my mouth.
No?
Then I will touch mine to yours.

Your lips are cool, and still, beneath my gentle kiss.
I pull back and look upon your face again,
see my tears rolling down your pale cheek
as you still stare, steadily, at the ceiling.

Gently I reach out and shutter your eyes
as another of my tears rolls, unhindered,
down your cheek.

You disappeared while I was sleeping.
An empty shell is all that remains.
Where have you gone?



(All rights reserved.)

3 comments:

  1. magical piece.
    lovely done!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to Land at your magical poetry land today,
    How are you?

    Love your poetry talent, Please join us at Jingle Poetry Monday potluck tonight,
    First time participants can link in 1 to 3 old poems, poems unrelated to our theme are welcome!


    Happy Sunday/Monday,
    Hope to see you in.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew where this was going before I reached the end. I had some of these same emotions recently, when I attended my aunt's funeral. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete